10 Best Crypto Cards in 2023
In no particular order, here are the best crypto debit cards:
Obvious Self-Custody Card (Our Favourite!)
Obvious is known for its ground-up approach of building a modern multi-chain self-custody wallet that brings together assets across EVM & non-EVM chains and powers your cross-chain transactions by giving you safe, fast, and affordable bridging & swapping routes within the app.
Keeping up with the ethos of self-sovereignty and self-custody, Obvious recently launched its self-custody crypto card enabling everyone to use their crypto funds in real life while keeping the full-custody. It is one of the first self-custody decentralized crypto cards.
Obvious self-custody crypto card boasts of features such as:
- Backed by a self-custody wallet
- Get rewarded in crypto
- Virtual and Physical cards
- Spending in local currency globally!
- Control spending limits via Obvious App
Wirex Crypto Card
The Wirex Debit Card is a free debit card and one of the best for travelers, altcoin lovers, and regular shoppers. The card allows users to operate crypto and fiat accounts side by side and facilitates direct crypto-to-fiat exchanges without intermediaries. The Wirex Debit Card supports MultiSig accounts.
Wirex offers several benefits, including:
- A 2% cashback reward on all purchases and payments made with the debit card, paid in the Wirex native token, $WXT. Users can easily exchange $WXT for any cryptocurrency or convert it to fiat.
- Wirex supports 36 coins and 150 national currencies, making it an excellent fit for frequent travelers.
- Wirex pays users a $10 referral commission in $WXT if they invite friends to sign up for the debit card.
- Zero fees for crypto-to-fiat conversions and card maintenance.
One notable drawback is that Wirex charges a 1% fee for every crypto top-up. Outgoing crypto transfers max out at $10,000 per transaction and come with a $50,000 daily limit. Also, Wirex is only issued within the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom.
Crypto.com Debit Card
The Crypto.com exchange has one of the most popular and best Bitcoin debit cards, with over ten million users and a broad reach. The card is free for holders of the Crypto.com token, $CRO, and is supported at over forty million POS, ATMs, retail outlets, and over 400 airports where Visa is accepted.
A mobile app is available, and users are required to complete KYC to use the card. Also, the Crypto.com Debit Card offers different tiers with unique features, which users can access when they stake specific amounts of $CRO on the app.
The Crypto.com Debit Card also offers:
- Support for streaming services and apps like Netflix, Expedia, etc.
- 1%–5% cashback on all purchases.
- Free ATM withdrawals up to $1000.
- Support for over 100 cryptocurrencies and 20 fiat currencies.
- Issuance in over 100 countries globally.
Famous for its no-fee structure and three-dimensional security features (biometrics, security phrases, and mobile codes supported), Nuri is one of the best crypto debit cards in the market. The card is only available within Europe and was launched in 2015.
Some features of the Nuri Debit Card include:
- It supports only two cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- No monthly or annual fees, transaction/withdrawal fees, or maintenance fees.
- No cashback rewards.
- Free ATM withdrawals up to €1500 daily.
- Interest earnings on Nuri savings accounts are paid in BTC.
Update:- Nuri has unfortunately shut down now. More details
Binance Visa Debit Card
Famous for its impressive cashback rewards feature, the Binance Visa Debit Card is another excellent crypto debit card. Like the Coinbase and Wirex Debit Cards, it holds customers' cryptocurrencies and only converts to fiat at the point of payment. The Binance Visa Debit Card can be used for in-store and online payments wherever Visa is accepted.
Features of the Binance Visa Debit Card include:
- Zero issuance and monthly fees.
- 0.9% transaction fee for ATM withdrawals and other payments.
- Over 14 cryptocurrencies are supported.
- Only available in Europe (however, Binance is currently banned in the UK).
- 8% cashback rewards, paid in $BNB, only for cardholders that hold 600 pieces of the Binance native coin.
- Daily spending limit of €8700 for the physical card.
- It can be used to make payments to over 60 million merchants worldwide.
Coinbase Debit Card
As one of the most popular crypto debit cards in the world, the Coinbase Debit Card offers several features and perks and is one of the most secure options in the industry. The card is freely issued to customers within the USA, while European customers pay issuance fees and conversion fees when transacting in other currencies.
- 4% cashback rewards on all purchases, paid in crypto.
- Zero monthly maintenance and transaction fees.
- Over eight coins are supported.
- World-class security with two-factor authentication, contactless withdrawals, and PIN protection.
Coinbase charges a 2.49% fee for all non-USDC transactions and a €4.95 fee for issuance/replacement for European customers. The card is only available in the US and Europe.
The Uphold Card offers a unique crypto debit card experience to customers in the United Kingdom and the USA. The card offers 4% cashback on all purchases paid in $XRP, and you can use it anywhere Mastercard is accepted. The Uphold Card provides the following features:
- Spending trackers with real-time analytics.
- Zero foreign transaction and annual fees.
- Complies with FCA regulations.
- The 'Freeze your card' option is available.
- Available only to UK users.
- £10,000 daily spending limit and 50 daily transactions.
- £2.50 fees for ATM withdrawals within the UK and £3.50 for foreign withdrawals.
- Apple Pay and Google Pay are supported.
Nexo Debit Card
The Nexo Debit Card has several benefits that make it one of the best Bitcoin debit cards available. The debit card allows users to take loans against their crypto, up to $2 million, and can be used for payments anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
The Nexo Debit Card is accepted at over 40 million stores globally and comes with military-grade security, 256-bit encryption, and inbuilt advanced fraud monitoring systems. Other features of the Nexo Debit Card include:
- Over 18 cryptocurrencies are supported.
- Allows users to spend cash against the crypto held in their Nexo wallets.
- No annual/monthly or sign-up fees.
- 2% cashback on all purchases.
- A freeze and unfreeze your card option is available.
BitPay Debit Card
For US residents, BitPay is one of the best crypto debit cards available. The card is easy to use, and it supports about seven cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin and Ethereum. Six fiat currencies are also available to users, and you can use a debit card to make payments wherever Mastercard is accepted. To be eligible to own a BitPay Debit Card, customers must complete KYC verification by providing their driver's license documents and social security numbers. BitPay also offers:
- $6,000 daily withdrawal limits, $25,000 account balance limits, and $10,000 daily spend limits.
- 3% transaction fees on abroad payments and $2.50 ATM withdrawal fees.
- Apple Pay and virtual card support.
- No cashback rewards.
- Available in all 50 states of the US.
BlockCard Debit Card
Ternio, in partnership with Visa, offers the BlockCard Debit Card, one of the best Bitcoin debit cards with the lowest fees. BlockCard features a $10 activation fee and a $5 monthly account management fee (which is waived if you transact up to $750 per month).
The card allows users to spend their crypto where Visa is accepted and charges zero fees on deposits, withdrawals, and exchanges, although fees apply for ATM cash withdrawals. Other features of the BlockCard Debit Card include:
- Cardholders must hold or stake $TERN, Ternio's native token, which also entitles them to over 6% cashback rewards on all purchases.
- Over 14 cryptocurrencies are supported, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum.
- KYC verification is compulsory.
Crypterium Debit Card
Yet another option powered by Visa, the Crypterium Debit Card, is available in virtual or plastic alternatives and is one of the most widely supported crypto debit cards today. Linked directly to the Crypterium wallet, the debit card offers crypto-to-fiat conversions and fiat withdrawals.
The card is supported everywhere that Visa is accepted, which translates to millions of stores globally. So far, Crypterium has issued over 30,000 debit cards, and the network processes more than one million transactions monthly. The Crypterium Debit Card also offers:
- Cash withdrawals in over 200 countries and payments supported in over 42 million stores.
- Apple Pay support.
- $3.56 maintenance fee per month, which can be waived if you load up to $356 monthly.
- Withdrawal thresholds of up to $3000 monthly.
Crypto debit cards are great for customers who want to spend their cryptocurrencies or convert them to cash seamlessly. While there are numerous Bitcoin debit cards available in the market, we have singled out ten of the best options for their remarkable features like low fees, security, support for foreign transactions, cashback rewards, and streamlined user experiences.
While crypto debit cards like the Binance Visa Debit Card, Coinbase Debit Card, Nuri, BlockCard, and others allow users to spend their crypto easily, some are unavailable to users outside specific geographical regions. Also, others like Nuri do not offer cashback rewards. As cryptocurrencies continue their push towards mainstream status, more and more users will require crypto debit card solutions for smooth crypto-to-fiat conversions, cashback incentives, and borderless payments.